Christ United invites you to join us on Thursday, May 5 at Whisper Lake Country Club for the 19th Annual Golf Tournament benefiting the Ministerial Scholarship Fund. Each year this tournament has grown and more seminary students are awarded scholarships as they pursue a degree in Christian ministry. Our goal is that the students will graduate with no debt from education loans.
This year’s tournament will take place at Whisper Lake Golf Club. Located in the heart of Madison County, Whisper Lake showcases a beautiful 18-hole, par-64 course which offers diverse terrain, four sets of tees, and a scenic lakeside finish for a challenging round in just three hours. The private, full-service club also offers a driving range, practice greens, and a clubhouse with pro shop. Click HERE for more information about Whisper Lake.
The honoree for this year’s tournament is York Craig. York and his wife Helen have been married 53 years and have been blessed with three wonderful children and eight grandchildren. York has practiced law for 46 years and though it has been challenging he says it has allowed him to watch and lean on the workings of The Father. For 20 years he taught Senior High Sunday School at Christ United. He currently teaches an adult Sunday School class that became known as “The New Yorkers” class. York Craig is originally from Aberdeen, MS. After his sophomore year, he enrolled in Valley Forge Military Academy in Wayne, PA. This decision helped shape his life in many significant respects. It helped him find his steadfast faith in God. In 1964, he graduated from VFMA and entered Vanderbilt University. On his very first day he met his wife whom he married after graduation. Shortly after graduation he entered the Army where he served in Fort Benning, Georgia and Seoul, Korea. After the Army he entered Law School at Ole Miss and graduated in 1973.
This year there are several ways that you can be involved.
1) Scholarship Donations: Even if you can't participate - you can still give!
- Click HERE to make an additional donation to the Scholarship Fund - select Golf Donation in the giving options.
2) Golfer: Plan to play with us at Whisper Lake on Thursday, May 5, 2022. The fee is $150 per person which includes a t-shirt, 18-holes of golf, cart and lunch. You can request your own pairing or register individually for this event. If registering as a group of four, complete a registration form for each participant.
- Click HERE to sign up online to play.
3) This year there are TWO Sponsorship Levels.
- Click HERE to sign up online to be a Hole Sponsor or a Tournament Sponsor.
• Hole Sponsor: This sponsorship level is a good way to honor someone or to show that you or your business supports the fund. Printed signs are $150 each, and they will be placed at one of the holes on the day of the tournament. (Use a separate payment if also playing golf.) The deadline for this sponsorship level is April 21.
• Tournament Sponsor: This sponsorship level is for individuals or corporations/organizations. The fee is $1,000. It includes tournament entry for four players. Tournament Sponsors also receive a printed hole sign and may have their logo or name appear on the tournament banner, website or social media. The deadline for this sponsorship level is April 21. (If your company has a logo that you would like us to display with this sponsorship level, please email a high resolution logo to )
On behalf of the students, thank you for your continued support!
Scott Hines, Chairman of 2022 Golf Tournament