Our Kids Ministry is about connecting kids to Jesus, nurturing every child to know the unconditional love of God, and growing spiritually in a welcoming environment.
Check out the opportunities for your kids below!
kids at home
Did you miss this Sunday or are you worshipping online? CLICK HERE and look for the video marked PRESCHOOL (4K - Kindergarten) or ELEMENTARY (1st - 3rd graders) depending on your child's age.
Check out our parent's resources tab for quick tips on how to continue the faith conversation we have started with your child!
It Starts at Home.
The Church + Home = Greater Impact
We believe that two combined influences make a greater impact than just two individual influences. Our goal is to provide great resources for our parents with encouragement to shape their kids' faith formation. You aren't alone - We are here for you!
To engage your kids at home each week, CLICK HERE, for age appropriate Bible stories and worship. (Updated each week).
For Resources on How to Talk to Your Kids about Race, visit the NextGen Page.
Please be sure to subscribe to the Weekly Email and Social Media for the most up-to-date details. To subscribe to the Weekly Email, CLICK HERE. To follow us on Facebook, go to Christ United NextGen Ministry, and to follow us on Instagram, go to @cumcnextgen
Drop Off Procedure:
Drop off and Pick up birth - 3rd grade will be through the Great Hall. Please enter the Great Hall through the North or South Entrance and proceed to the Kid's Ministry Doors for check in.
Pro-tip: Park in the North parking lot for the shortest walk to the Kid's Ministry.
Pick Up Procedure:
Parents/guardians for birth - 3rd graders much show their security sticker at the Kids Ministry Entrance and will then be allowed on to the hall to pick up their child.
4th & 5th graders should be dropped off under the South Portico and picked up in front of the Youth Center. Drop off will begin at 5:50pm; Pick up is at 7:00pm.
Safe and loving childcare is offered at The 9:15am Bridge Service and 11:00am Traditions Sunday morning worship services for children birth - 2 years old. Nursery opens 15 minutes prior to services. In this season please know, we are taking extra precautions dur to the COVID-19 Pandemic which include masked staff and different nursery rooms for each service.
There will be NO programming for Nursery on Wednesday nights.
Preschool: 4’s - Kindergarten
Preschoolers have the opportunity to engage in WONDER, an exciting and interactive Bible Story during either the 9:15am Bridge Service or the 11:00am Traditions Service. This age-specific lesson teaches a clear bible point each week.
Currently there is no programming for Preschool on Wednesday Nights.
Elementary: 1st – 3rd grade
Elementary students (1st - 3rd graders) have the opportunity to engage in an all new way of learning the Bible during both the 9:15am Bridge Service and the 11:00am Traditions Service. Through and age-specific, engaging video Bible teaching along with FUN worship, games and crafts, your child will learn key Biblical lessons each week. Your children will be kept in their small groups during this season as an increased safety measure.
Currently there is no programming for 1st - 3rd graders on Wednesday nights.
4th & 5th grade
- ALL NEW 4th and 5th Experience on Wednesday Nights!
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Drop off and pick up under the south portico
- Pick up under the youth wing
- Pre-Register for Chick-Fil-A Box Dinner (Check Your Email/Email us at )
- We are very excited to have an All New Curriculum formulated specifically for this Tween age! We believe this is an extremely formative age in faith development and we are excited to be able to target Biblical teaching on a 4th and 5th grade level!
- Check out our parent’s resources tab for quick tips on how to continue the faith conversations we have started with your student!
- Currently, there is no programming for 4th and 5th grade on Sunday mornings. 4th and 5th graders are invited to attend worship with their families.
- Mask Policy - Current CDC Guidelines suggest that all children 3 and above wear a mask. Christ United’s policy is that masks will be required for children K-5 and above. However, we strongly suggest following the CDC’s recommendation for 3 and 4-year-olds.
- We will not be taking temperatures on site so please keep your child at home if they have a temperature.
- All volunteers and staff on the kids’ wing will wear a mask at all times.
General Safety Measures
At Christ United, the security and safety of our kids is our highest priority.
- First Time Visitors – Please complete a visitor card and fill out a security sticker. Look for someone in a gray Kids Ministry apron to help get you started.
- Children are checked in by a parent/guardian on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights by a sticker system. One sticker is placed on the child, and the parent retains the pickup receipt sticker. The receipt sticker must be presented before a child will be released to the parent/guardian.
- All leaders complete an application process which includes a background check, application, and references.
- A security guard is present in the children’s wing on Sunday mornings and on campus on Wednesday nights. Once Wednesday night is in session, outside doors remain locked until pick up.
Serve in Kids Ministry
We are always looking for invested and engaged people to be a part of our team!
In which area are you gifted?
Nursery – serve 1 time a month
Preschool – serve once or twice a month
Elementary – serve once a month
Wednesday nights – serve weekly during school year; or hospitality once a month
Not Sure? That's okay! Contact Us and we would love to get to know you and get you plugged in.